Monday, August 26, 2013

Mattered and Remembered

I ponder the lives of Buddha, Jesus, Allah, Mother Theresa, Ghandi, St. Francis of Assisi, and others. It was “easy” for them. After all, they were Buddha, Jesus, Allah, ……. Me, I’m just me and the frailties of me are ever so obvious. I can strive but I am not them. And then I ponder the immersion, attention, effort and abandonment we throw ourselves into creating the perfect wedding day, job interview, first date, taking the first child to college, a work presentation, even knitting or tending a garden. We completely surrender ourselves to those moments. We absorb each breath and moment. We lose ourselves and yet each moment is knitted into the fabric of our mind, body, and spirit. Should my attentiveness, love, joy, hope and open heart be any different for this day? Should I be any less alive? 

Maybe, I wonder, that is what Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, and all the others were trying to say. You can do it. You have done it. The only difference between those days and moments, is your intent and desire to make them matter and remembered. May this day be so mattered and remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment