Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Uneclipsed Tenderness

Sometimes the physical pain wears me down, sending me to my knees. Or should I say my bottom as I move from my knees to sit upon my cushion. Buddha taught that suffering exists. Buddha also taught we can be released from suffering. First comes the acknowledgment and even the honoring. For it is the pain, sometimes more than the joy, that whispers with each exhalation, “Beings and life forms are numberless. I vow to save them all.”  My heart knows such joy, sweet mercy such joy. But never is my touch extended to all more tender, and more protective, more vulnerably naked, than when I offer metta and peace from the joyful heart touched by pain. Denying neither the pain nor the joy. Their contrasting light uneclipsed. “Beings and life forms are numberless. I vow to save them all.” Namaste my friends. Tender tender fingers have touched your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment