Monday, September 17, 2012

Sculpted Heart

There's a hole in my heart where yours once laid. Whether you left for what you thought was my own good or for your own, I do not know. Whatever the why, there is a hole in my heart where yours once laid. You are growing, unfolding, and finding your dance. Answering the prayer I breathed with every breath - that you might be whole and happy.

And on the day when infinity arrived, just days after the gift of soft,  I simply wanted to say, 'thank you.' You graced my life, and your presence truly made me blessed. There is, yes, a hole in my heart, where tears, like droplets of dew glimmer, beyond the sun's reach to dry, pool and gather rippling like the leaves dancing in the wind. Infinity. Still. 

There is a hole in my heart where yours once laid. Or maybe what was once stone has simply been sculpted into a work of art. Beauty. Grace. Softness. Sharing. Or maybe even simply the imprint of knees left when an angel knelt upon my heart's hearth to plant an eternal seed of love. Infinity. Grace. Simple truths of soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment