Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Perfect Friend

Still working with Lunacy, I sat with a stick of sage gently burning. Being curious, I moved my hand and watched the dance of sage fragrance bend, twist and weave against itself. Every action creates a reaction, whether seen or unseen. If the delicate stream of smoke had not been there, the invisible air would have still moved with my hand. And then to laugh, to think of how another’s hurtful actions were like a bellow blowing against me. No, not lunacy this time, it was indeed perfection. Their actions made visible what I had not seen within me. I waved my hand again to watch the dance then giggled – “You’re perfect my friend! Those who love me had not gifted the smoke so I could see! What greater friend than one who gifts the fragrant smoke of sage so I can see!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment