Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Touch the Water and Dance

Some people have rhythm. Some have grace and style. Others have passion and are simply free spirits. Others, only alone with their heart as their muse. Dancing seems innate in nature and even little children. We know the exhilaration of movement and release. We know the breathless passion of literally being swept off and onto our feet. Rumi used the dervish, a wild dance of the spirit to enter the door of Oneness and Love. So, when did we stop dancing every day, every moment? Today, in all my to do's, from here to there, may I hear the music and not walk or go to and fro.  I shall dance with Love. I shall dance with abandon. I shall dance with life. Yes Life, today I shall touch the water and soar.

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free” ~ Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment