Thursday, June 7, 2012

Touch the water and rise

I remember my one and only experience gliding across the waves in a small sail boat.  I wondered how we could possibly get to where we were going when the wind was blowing straight on and against us. How could a sail gather the wind and glide us to where we wanted to be? 


A morning memory that led me back to this image and a smile. I remember how my friend stared into the sun, never a bad word was said, never a doubt. Only eyes fixed and his hand upon the wooden lever that turned the single sail. We glided with the wind blowing in the wrong direction yet sailing us to where we wanted to be.


Maybe to get to where I want to be, though the winds blow hard against me, I just need to let my feet touch the water and lift my wings to the wind...and rise.
Belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment