Monday, July 30, 2012

Between 'Now' and 'All Else'

Sacredness will find the heart.

When I am ill, I can let the illness run its course or go to the doctor and not experience a longer illness. When a friend or loved one needs help I can risk my vulnerability and time, giving them my hand, or knowing they will figure it out and be ok, stand aside. I can intend on perfect health, serving others, time with loved ones, traveling, painting, writing or singing, or one day to be worthy of love and accept myself...when all else is done.

Sacredness will find the heart. It may come when we discover we have no more time, or experience a moment when time itself is threatened, but sacredness will find the heart. Between "now" and "all else" ......

"Thy infinite gifts come to me only on these
very small hands of mine. Ages pass, and still
thou pourest, and still there is room to fill." 

-Rabindranath Tagore,

2 comments:

  1. What a moment of pure 'grace' this is!

    Ahhhh...

    More tenderness...

    Radiant Blessings!
    Akasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And AkasaWolfSong.... thank you. And may you "finish" O'Donohue's "Unfinished Poem"....

      “Unfinished Poem
      I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding.”
      ― John O'Donohue

      Delete